Calendar of EventsView All Events
Santa Fe Century's 33rd Annual Ride
May 20, 2018
Join the Santa Fe Century's 33rd annual ride!
Miles of history pass under your wheels as you bicycle down the ancient Turquoise Trail through the old mining towns of Madrid and Golden, across the mineral rich Ortiz and San Pedro Mountains, across the Estancia Valley through the villages of Cedar Grove and Stanley and on to the very old village of Galisteo, and back into scenic Santa Fe.
The Santa Fe Century is the first major cycling event in the spring in the Southwest. The weather in May is moderate and provides an opportunity to shed the winter gear for some wonderful springtime riding in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The mission of the Santa Fe Century is to get people interested in cycling and to have fun doing it! They welcome riders of all ages and abilities.
New for 2018:
- Santa Fe Rail / Spur Trail all dirt route!!!
- New larger venue at the Santa Fe Community College - ample parking for all! Cowgirl BBQ and Santa Fe Brewing Company will be providing food and drink in the beer garden.
- To address safety concerns regarding cyclists and motorists travelling in both directions on Highway 14, the Santa Fe Century has revised the 100-mile route for the 2018 Century ride and Gran Fondo. The revised route will not ascend and descend Heartbreak Hill as was previously published.
- Temporary route change for 100 mile rides is a loop that includes Bonanza Creek with a short out and back to the La Bajada food stop, finishing with the 50 mile Galisteo Loop. The regular route will resume in 2019, after the completion of road construction on Highway 41.
- Vintage Bike celebration will return for 2018
WHEN: Sunday, May 20, 2018
FOR REGISTRATION: http://santafecentury.com/The_Rides/Registration/index.html
Registration Opens January 1, 2018